NOR CHRISTMAS PARADE
47th Annual NOR Christmas Parade
“Peace, Love & Christmas”
Saturday, December 14th at 10:00am
Important parade information:
- Registration deadline is Friday, December 6, 2019. Entry fee at no cost.
- Please have your group in the staging area in the appropriate order no later than 9:30am.
- We will not have staff in place until 8:30am so please do not gather before then.
- All entries arriving by school bus, please have your bus drivers drop off your participants at the entrance to the NOR Park parking lot on McCray Street (just off the corner of China Grade Loop and McCray). Please have them stay street side – there is nowhere for them to turn around if they pull into the bus lane area.
- Parking for all non-animal entries (not including school bands transported by bus) will be in the North High Parking lot on the west side only. NOR staff will be available in the parking lot to assist in guiding people to the correct parking area. Please adhere to their directions.
- Please check in at the check in table in front of the NOR pool house (between the NOR and North High parking lots) upon arrival to receive your order number bib to pin on one of your members.
- There will be portable toilets for entrants to use in the gated NOR parking lot to the east of the NOR pool house.
- Rollin’ Bean will be on site to sell refreshments while you wait to line up and the parade to begin.
- All entries with animals of any kind (horses, goats, chickens, etc), please park in the NOR Park parking lot at McCray and China Grade. NOR staff will move the cones to allow you entrance. This will help alleviate congestion in the North High parking lot and be less disruptive to the animals prior to staging.
- North High is also hosting an event on Saturday. Please be mindful and respectful of foot and car traffic.
- It is imperative that all animal groups have people in place to clean up after their animals immediately – this includes animal waste and hay/straw. This applies to the staging area, parade route and finish location. Remember that groups will be following you on the route and their path on the parade route should remain clean.
- North High is gracious enough to allow us to use their parking lot; there have been issues in previous years with clean up so please make sure we leave the staging area, both parking lots and streets as we found them – CLEAN.
- We do our best to time the space between groups accordingly. Occasionally, because the pace and size of groups vary, we will need to slow a group down as they make the turn onto N. Chester from China Grade. Please do not argue with the staff member(s) assigned to this task if you are asked to slow or momentarily stop. They are doing as they are instructed to ensure all participants have equal time on the parade route and the attendees get to enjoy all the performances.
For groups performing at the judges’ area: your performance time is 30 seconds before you need to keep moving. This is important to the flow of the parade and out of respect for the other entries.