Volunteer with NOR
Volunteers At NOR
Volunteers are vital to the success of many of our programs and events at NOR. Without your help, we could not provide many of our programs and events that make NOR such a great community to live, work, and play.
Spend some free time helping your neighbors at NOR! Meet people, make friends, explore new interests and make a contribution to your community by volunteering! Opportunities range from a few hours on an occasional basis to ongoing jobs that require specific skills and responsibilities. Some of the areas for volunteering are with the Senior Adult Program, Sports Programs, Children’s Learning Centers, Community Centers and special events.
Conditions Of Volunteer Service With NOR
All volunteers must complete the following before they are assigned for service:
- A Volunteer Application and maintain current information with each program
- A Fingerprint Questionnaire
- A fingerprint clearance through the California Department of Justice
If you are interested in volunteering, contact the Personnel Office at 661-392-2000. Let us know what area you’re interested in volunteering for so we can connect you with the supervisor. Upon the supervisor’s approval, an appointment will be scheduled for fingerprinting and paperwork. You can download and complete the following forms prior to your appointment.
Open Volunteer Positions
Home Meal Delivery Driver
Help our “Meals on Wheels” program by delivering meals during your lunch hour. This program utilizes employee and volunteer drivers. To download the flyer click here – Home Meal Delivery Drivers.
- JANUARY: Afterschool Basketball (Paid and Volunteer Coaches) and Primary Basketball (Volunteer Coaches)
- JUNE: Youth Summerball (Volunteer Coaches)
- AUGUST: Youth Tackleball (Volunteer Coaches)
- SEPTEMBER: Afterschool Flag Football and Volleyball (Paid and Volunteer Coaches)
- OCTOBER: Primary Flag Football (Volunteer Coaches)