Applying for a job with NOR:
- Submit a District Employment Application
- Resumes will not be accepted in place of a District Employment Application
- Include any required documents specified in the Job Announcement
- Submit all documents by the recruitment deadline as indicated on the Job Announcement to the Personnel Office located at NOR’s Administrative Office, 405 Galaxy Ave, Bakersfield, CA 93308
- Applications for employment accepted only during an open recruitment
*Please note: The applicant is responsible for assuring that his/her application is submitted by the deadline to the Personnel Office, therefore, the Personnel Office discourages applications from being submitted at other NOR locations and makes no guarantees that the application will reach the Personnel Office by the position deadline.
Conditions of Employment with NOR:
An offer of employment will be contingent upon passing the following:
- A fingerprint clearance through the California Department of Justice
- A background investigation may be conducted
- Various positions require Post Offer Medical Exam, Functional Capacity Exam, Drug screen, and / or TB Skin test
- Submit verification of identity and citizenship or legal right to work in the United States
- Driving positions require a valid California Driver’s license and maintain a good driving record and some positions will require a DMV printout and/or copy of current auto insurance certificate
- Employees under 18 years of age must provide a valid work (school) permit. If already graduated, proof of graduation may be required.
NOR IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Full Time Positions
No openings at this time.
Regular Part Time Positions
Office Services – Substitute(s) – open until filled. Must submit the Addendum/Supplement with application and submit a typing certificate of a minimum 25 wpm.
- Office Services – Sub Job Flyer
- Application and Addendum/Supplement
- Employee Job Interest Form – Current NOR employees only.
Hourly/Seasonal Part Time
COACHES Afterschool Basketball. Interviews start in late November. Season starts in January 2018. For more information go to the Coaches page.
Class Instructors Needed
Do you have an idea for a class or program that you’re interested in teaching? Why don’t you share your interest and skills with others either on a paid or volunteer basis. NOR is always looking for new programs or classes to offer the community. Use the form below to submit your idea(s). You will be contacted by an NOR representative.Open Form